- No cheating
- Any form of cheating, exploiting, or use of third party programs is not allowed. If you find someone who may be using a third party program, report them using the in-game report feature. If you discover an exploit, let us know by emailing us at [email protected].
- Privacy matters
- Be a considerate person
- Any form of inappropriate language, harassment, cheating, or other infraction listed in our Terms of Service will result in warnings or bans, depending on the severity of the incident. Consequences are progressive and will become more severe if the behavior is committed again.
- No personally identifiable information. For example: Your location.
- No "username" looking names. For example: gennam64.
- No celebrities, bands, or sports teams.
- No names of major public figures. For example: President Trump.
- No names of criminals.
- No copyrights or TM brands.
- No Disney characters or other cartoon characters.
- No names from any source of media or entertainment material.
- No exact characters from the Pirates movies (explicit or implied), and no mixing of exact character names. For example: Elizabeth Turner, William Sparrow.
- Names must be 4 words maximum, have at least three letters, contain a vowel, and must not be a single letter name.
- No names that imply that you're a Disney or TLOPO employee. For example: TLOPO Developer Danny.
- Single-word names cannot be multiple words merged together.
- If you have a first name and last name, last names can be a merge of 2 words.
- No inappropriate mixed case or all caps. For example: JoePirate, joEpiRAte, JOEPIRATE.
- No spoonerisms for any of these rules. For example: Squarebob Spongepants.
- No backwards spellings for any of these rules. For example: Worraps Kcaj
- No numbers (digits or spelled out). For example: PirateEightTwentyFour, Pirate645
- No empty names or all whitespace.
- No L33t-5p34K or ascii. For example: J4CK 5P4RR0W, :D, :(
- No web sites. For example: Disney.com, tlopo.com.
- No foul, violent, hateful or suggestive language.
- No references to anything that is illegal or not family friendly.
- No explicit religious references.
- Names not in English are allowed, but must adhere to these rules.
- Periods, apostrophes, and hyphens are the only punctuation/symbols allowed, but must be separated by a letter. For example: Joe's Pirate, Pirate-Anne, Mr. Awesome.
- No described relationships. For example: Alvin Freckle's Mom, Thaddeus Plunderweather's Friend, Father, Mother.
- Guilds: Appropriate phrases are allowed: “The Plundering Pirates"
- Guilds: No names of gangs.
- Guilds: No names of people. For example, “Maddie” is not allowed but “Maddie’s Pirates” is.
- Guilds: Use of punctuation marks such as exclamation marks and question marks are allowed at the end of the guild name.
Terms of Service
Last updated: 7/18/2020
Please read these Terms of Service ("Terms") carefully before using the website, application, and other services ("Service," "Services") operated by The Legend of Pirates Online ("us," "we," "our"). TLOPO reserves the right to change these rules with or without notice.
Your access to and use of the Services is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users, and others who access or use the Services, including guest parties using another user’s account. If you do not agree to the Terms, do not use the Service.
The Legend of Pirates Online ("TLOPO") is a fan-made recreation of The Walt Disney Company’s Pirates of the Caribbean Online. By using TLOPO, you certify that you understand that TLOPO is not associated with The Walt Disney Company and/or Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (or the affiliates of either party) and that you release The Walt Disney Company from any and all liability for any personal loss caused to you by the use of TLOPO.
TLOPO will never charge a fee, subscription, or any other form of monetary value to have access to the full game’s experience. Anyone who tries to charge for anything related to TLOPO is a scam, and any loss or damage accrued by use of such services is the responsibility of the user and not TLOPO. In the event that a user is scammed by a third-party, TLOPO will not give any compensation for any loss or damage accrued.
In the event where a user is locked out of their account, TLOPO will always side with the account owner. Each TLOPO account has an "account owner," defined as the person who is able to communicate over email with TLOPO with the exact email address associated with the account.
In the event that the account owner chooses to share their login information with another person or another person controls a session of the game initiated with the account owner's knowledge, the account owner will be held liable for any violations of the Terms of Service and General Rules. Additionally, logging into another player’s account is done at your own risk and you accept any and all adverse actions that may be taken on your account as a result.
In the event that a character is deleted from an account, recovery is possible. Users need to submit a recovery request via contacting support. Only accounts having Arrrmor and/or Two-Factor Authentication enabled will have their recovery requests honored.
TLOPO reserves the right to read all messages of any type that are sent across our network. TLOPO also reserves the right to restrict and/or terminate your access to our servers without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. Possible reasons for restriction or termination include, but are not limited to:
- Abusing any of TLOPO’s social media or email services in any way.
- Attempting to compromise TLOPO's computer systems.
- Attempting to compromise TLOPO's servers.
- Connecting unofficial or custom clients to TLOPO's servers.
- Discussion about, or references to, drugs or other illegal substances.
- Disrespecting, harassing, or spamming others.
- Disrespecting, harassing, or spamming TLOPO Staff (including QA Testers).
- Disrupting another player’s experience.
- Distributing spyware, malware, keyloggers, or other malicious software to members of the TLOPO community.
- Exploiting a bug in TLOPO to gain an advantage over other players.
- Impersonating TLOPO Staff (including QA Testers), or Pirates Online Wiki Staff.
- Intentionally evading chat filters with inappropriate intent.
- Personal information may not be shared unless it is clear that all parties involved have consented. The player assumes responsibility for any consequences they encounter if they share their own personal information. Sharing another player’s personally identifiable information will not be tolerated.
- Selling or soliciting accounts.
- Submitting inappropriate names or site comments for review.
- Trolling others, especially in ways that can damage their account, characters, or computer systems.
- Usage of inappropriate innuendos through chat or emote usage, and any other form of inappropriate or suggestive language.
- Usage of third-party software to modify the game or to gain an advantage over other players. Third-party software includes, but is not limited to, autoclicking applications, multibox applications, injectors, and memory editors.
- Using automation systems or tools to control the game.
End-User accounts are subject to a warning point system. Warnings issued by Moderators are official record of violations of the Terms of Service and may be accompanied by a ban, termination, or other restriction. End-User accounts can accumulate a maximum of ten (10) points before the account may be considered for termination. Warning points have the ability to expire after a set amount of time. Points and their consequences are outlined below:
Minor offenses carry a 0 point penalty and do not expire. Violations include, but are not limited to:
- Generally disrupting player experience
Minor offenses will carry the following repercussions:
- Removal from the game server.
- Excessive instances of minor events in a period of time may result in a short ban.
Intermediate offenses carry a 1 point penalty and expire in 2 months. Violations include, but are not limited to:
- Filter evasion
- Requesting or sharing another player's personally identifiable information
- Submitting inappropriate names for name approval
- Impersonating TLOPO staff, Pirates Online Wikia staff, or Quality Assurance Testers
Intermediate offenses will carry the following repercussions (in addition to being awarded 1 warning point):
- First offense: email warning (or a 24 hour ban if the account has already received a ban previously)
- Second offense: 24 hour ban
- Three+ offenses: 48 hour ban
Major offenses carry a 2+ (2 by default, higher values are decided by Senior Moderation) point penalty and expire in 4 months. Violations include, but are not limited to:
- Excessive harassment or filter evasion
- Usage of third-party programs to exploit or alter the game
- Abuse of TLOPO services
- DOXing another End-User or TLOPO Staff Member
- Any other immediate and serious violations of the Terms of Service
Major offenses will carry the following repercussions (in addition to being awarded 2+ points):
- First offense: 48 hour ban
- Second offense: 72 hour ban
- Three+ offenses: 96 hour ban
- Senior Moderation reserves the right to increase ban time past 96 hours for special cases.
In the event where an account is suspended, terminated, or restricted, we reserve the right to take the same actions upon all accounts associated with the terminated account.
In the event where an account is suspended, terminated, or restricted, the account owner may appeal the suspension, termination, or restrictions by emailing TLOPO at [email protected] Anything you write may be used as evidence against you in an appeal. All appeals will be reviewed by Senior Moderation staff. In the event Senior Moderation staff receive an appeal regarding an account termination and Senior Moderation accepts the appeal, the End-User's new account will be subject to a decreased warning point threshold (3 points). Should the End-User accumulate three (3) points on the new account, the player is subject to permanent removal from our Services. Evading a ban or termination will also result in additional warning points, bans, or potentially termination.
If you believe a moderation action was applied in error, please start a support case by emailing [email protected] Senior Moderation will review the case and determine if the action was applied in error.
Last updated: 1/1/2018
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for The Legend of Pirates Online (“TLOPO”) on our website and game, and will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you throughout the usage of TLOPO.
- The security procedures in place to protect against the misuse of your information.
- The choices you have regarding the use of your data.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via visiting our website, registration, email, or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
If you contact us, we will review your information to respond to you in regard to the reason you contacted us. We may also use your information to moderate the activities on our network to ensure your compliance with our Terms of Service. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, unless we are a) ordered to do so by relevant United States legislation b) reporting information to law enforcement relevant to a user violating United States or international law.
When signing up for this site, registrants are required to input a username and an email address. We also collect IP information, analytics about our users’ computers, along with coarsely accurate geographical location data.
When you register an account with us, we use a modern and secure hashing algorithm to hash and salt your passwords before putting them into our database. We do not know what your password is, nor do we want to know. As a result, TLOPO Staff will never ask for your password. We do not need it in order to assist our users in any way.
By using our services, you consent to the accessibility of all chat logs and relevant user data sent across our network to our Staff. Anything disclosed by you within these logs is the sole liability of you and not TLOPO. Staff access to this information is tiered and appropriately restricted to certain levels within our administration.
We reserve the right to perform real-time automated analysis of all communications and actions made on our services. An example of such analysis would be artificial intelligence monitoring our chat services in real-time for activities violating our Terms of Service and/or United States legislation or international law.
We reserve the right to keep a private internal record on all users. Such record could contain but is not limited to: a) known IP addresses b) shared accounts c) notes on previous incidents/bans/warnings d) emails associated with an account.
We reserve the right to monitor and log the in-game location of all users and the actions they are performing. Such use of this information includes but is not limited to: a) analytics b) moderation investigation.
We strive to ensure that all personally identifiable information is stored and maintained securely on our servers.
All communications made across/to our network, whether external or internal, are encrypted using modern standards.
We have taken significant precautions with the security of our game client. Such precautions include but are not limited to: Ensure that malicious individuals are not able to a) manipulate and/or control the client b) extract the source code that is our client c) perform man-in-the-middle (“MITM”) attacks d) manipulate or extract the resources of the client.
Whenever something is “deleted” from/on our services, such as an in-game pirate, it is not fully removed. Rather, it is no longer publicly visible and/or accessible. Any account registered on TLOPO is unable to be deleted.
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time, excluding contact regarding the security or moderation standing of your account(s). You can do so at any time by going to your account page on our website and checking off that you do not wish to be contacted by TLOPO.
We collect and store all information sent across our network. If you do not want TLOPO to have access to this information, do not send it. We do not differentiate between what is sensitive or not; if it is sent across our network it is immediately logged and archived.
We reserve the right to redact certain portions of personal data, which was exchanged across our network, that is distributed to you in order to protect the privacy of other users.
Any user who has been banned by us will have access to their ban history, along with any additional warning points the account may have accrued. This information is typically kept strictly between TLOPO and the user. However, we reserve the right to disclose information regarding the bans of users. Potential forms of disclosure include but are not limited to a) statistical analysis of moderator action b) public service announcement (“PSA”) c) contact with law enforcement. An example of a potential PSA is a community warning regarding a player known to be distributing malware to others in the community.Questions
If you have any questions regarding the use of your data, wish to express concerns you have about our use of your data, or want to change/update your data, you can do so at any time by contacting us via our official support email address, [email protected]